Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sadie Grace

Today I received the heart-wrenching news that my close friend Kerry (my roommate from college) lost her daughter at 37 weeks. She has had a healthy pregnancy and was due on May 21, but after sensing a decrease in the baby's activity, she went to the doctor last night. No heartbeat was found. Kerry and Jeff went back home and scheduled a c-section for tomorrow, Wednesday, 4/29 at 12:30 mountain time. They will have the day to hold and love on their little girl, Sadie Grace, who has already gone to be with Jesus.

I guess I'm the one person who should know what to say, but I don't. I just love Kerry and I want it to be okay, but it's not. I want our daughters to be friends here on earth, but they're not. My immediate response was just that I want to be there for Kerry. Then my thoughts drifted to two little girls, dancing together in Heaven, while their mommies cry for them here. I just don't understand it. I don't think I can and I don't think I will.

I'm not sure who checks this blog anymore, but I know there are a lot of prayer warriors out there. If you are one of them, would you please pray for Kerry, her husband Jeff, and their little boy Caleb (almost 3)? Please also pray for my friend Sarah and I as we are flying out to Colorado this weekend to be with Kerry. I know I need to be there, to hug her, to listen, to cry, to help, and just to be with her, whatever that looks like. I'm a little scared of how this will affect me, as the wounds are still so raw, but I trust in God's timing. I pray that He will use me and that this will provide some healing for both of us.

Somehow this makes me miss Reagan so much more, if that's even possible. But I love the picture I have in my head, of two little curly headed girls, just like their mommies, sharing the best of times.

17 comments:

  1. I will be praying fo you all..Sending my thoughts and hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear the news of the loss of Sadie Grace. We lost our Nathan at 39 weeks and it's been hard not only for my wife and I, but our 8 year old daughter(Mom#2) and our 5 year-old son. I'll be praying for peace and comfort like we've felt that only comes from God.

    In him,
    Paul Hoffmann(Greg's co-worker)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you and your friends hearts.Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of you and those precious baby girls in heaven dancing with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you both this week. I feel so much for both of you. How wonderful though that you and Sarah can go out there to support her. Y'all will be in my prayers that you have a blessed and renewing time together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through someone else's, and I'm so sorry to hear about your friends' loss. I'll be praying for them.
    We lost our baby girl, Alethia Joy, at 39 weeks in February, and I know she is dancing in heaven with baby Reagan and Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mar, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's loss at a time when you all have dealt with with so much pain yourselves. We will pray that you and Dan can find strength for your friend, Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We still read and we will be praying for Kerry and her family, for you as you go and just for the peace of God that 'passes our understanding.' I just want to say that my brother and his wife lost their perfectly healthy baby girl Faith at about 37 weeks also. It was deemed a cord accident.
    Also, our good friends the Swaffords lost their baby boy Elijah-born still just days before he was due. Melvin and April have a website for families that are enduring this same kind of loss and I wanted to leave their site with you incase you feel led to share it with your friend. He is a pastor and she is an amazing woman of faith but they are very open in the documentation of their grief. Here is their site:
    http://www.elijahsgift.com/home
    Anyway-I hope it helps and we will pray
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your friend...how heartbreaking!
    I just wanted to let you know that I still read, still care, and will continue to pray for y'all.
    Love, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still keep popping in every day to see how you are doing - only to find out about your dear friend today. Your daughters are watching down on you and smiling now from Gods loving gentle hands. I'll keep praying for all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jim Lowery mentioned this at choir last night. Daniel and I are praying that the strength, peace and grace of our Lord Jesus will abundantly flow over you as you are with Kerry.

    Miriam Bremner
    IBC, Richmond VA

    ReplyDelete
  12. your daughters are dancing together with him.

    I'm sorry though that she's had to experience this..I'm happy though, because this just goes to show you that there is Faith because Faith knew that you both would be there for each other..and you know what pain she's going through..

    My prayers to all of you..

    always,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are praying, oh Lord, please be with these mommies and their entire families. There are no answers, but Lord I pray you will provide an amazing abundunce of grace and peace to these families. We pray they will feel your arms around them and words to encourage one another just at the right time needed, please Lord it's our prayer......In Jesus Name we surrender all, Amen (friend of Karen Keller)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so saddened to hear this news from Karen. I will be praying for your friend and her family, as well as for your strength and peace during the time that you spend together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marceline, I'm so glad you & Sarah got to be with Kerry & Jeff over the weekend. I'm sure you were a huge blessing of comfort. I check the blog from time to time, but I think about your family and sweet Reagan Joy daily.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for your friends and praying for your strength through this tragic journey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is Grayson's dad, Taylor. Thank you for your support and prayers for Grayson. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter Reagan. We lost our first child before we could spend any time with her. We are cherishing every moment with our little Gray man. I'm sure you wish you had more time with little Reagan, but you have to remember she is in an amazing place. I'm sure her and Kinsey play together and are waiting on Grayson to play with them as well. I'm sure you have been an excellent support system for Kerry and Jeff in their time of need. You are all in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete