Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2 Weeks from Today

It's hard to believe that we will meet Reagan 2 weeks from today! For those of you that are in the area, we have added links to the sidebar for the hospital where Marceline will deliver and for the Children's Hospital where Reagan will be taken care of. We will give more details soon for those who would like to visit us there. Thank you to all of you that are praying for us! It is such an encouragment to know that you all are out there. We'll be in touch...

6 comments:

  1. Praying hard for you guys!! You are such a beautiful family and I am so joyous that you KNOW God's hand is upon your family. I can't imagine going through all that you are without that assurance! I pray little Reagan is doing well and that the Lord's peace is surrounding you!!

    God bless you,
    Melody (CA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I just found your blog through Angie Smith's. I just want you to know that you're not alone. There are others who have been where you are, and I know it's not an easy journey you are on. I delivered my first baby 6 weeks ago. He also had Trisomy 18, and was born at 38 weeks gestation. There are pictures posted at my blog, and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have(I know I had lots when I was where you are at this stage of pregnancy). I will continue to follow your blog, and look forward to hearing more about your baby girl! Praying for peace to surround you. Lots of love, Nicole (www.fromgummybeartosweetbaby.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to tell you how sorry I am for your journey of uncertainty you are on! I have been praying for you since I saw this on Angie Smith's blog.
    I know what you are and have been going through as we had our beautiful baby boy Sam in Sept who also had an omphalacele, trisomy 18, and a heart defect. He blessed ours and many others lives during his time with us in utero and birth. He lived 11 wonderful hours in the arms of his mommy and daddy!
    You see, I am his Grammy and I traveled their journey the whole way with them. They used ALL their time with him preparing the wonderful opportunities of ulra sounds, belly pictures, and Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. They did palative care that only involved oxygen, and just had his belly wrapped so we could spend all our time with him. He was adorable! Born 6 weeks premature, and weighed in at 3#4oz
    The Lord was with us the entire way and has made our family understand that we don't know WHY, we just know WHO! Dwell, Cherish, and Enjoy whatever you get with her...she is beautiful and so many are praying for her. My thoughts and prayers for comfort are with you. Thank you for sharing her life with others.
    A Grammy who misses her Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan and Mar,
    We have been praying for your family and your sweet baby girl since we first heard the news. We have reached out to our friends, family and church family calling on all our prayer warriors on Reagan Joy's behalf. There are so many of us believing, hoping and prayerfully fighting for her and all of you.

    We are praying for Mar and the upcoming c-section, Dan as he's taking care of his family and both of you as you face upcoming decisions that no one should have to make. We are also praying for Jackson as his world will be shaken a bit in the next several months trusting that his Father God will be preparing his little heart and mind.

    These are the verses God has put on my (Alison's) heart for Reagan. "This is what the LORD says — he who created you and formed you - "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name Reagan Joy; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned…For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior…you are precious and honored in my sight…I love her…do not be afraid, for I am with her." -Paraphrase from Is. 43:1-5

    Take care,
    Alison and Nate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - you don't know us, but my husband works with your parents and brother in Virginia. I just wanted to let you know that there are far more people praying for you than you probably imagine...we've been praying for months, and it's a privilege to come alongside you in prayer for your sweet girl.

    Specifically, of course, we're praying for health for Reagan and her mama, but also for peace and JOY. I'm praying that the Lord will allow you to feel His watch-care, and that His love for you and Reagan will be clearly shown through the people He brings across your path. I'm looking forward to seeing how He uses little Reagan for His glory...and I know He will!

    Grace,
    Mae and Kyle Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  6. we love you guys and will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete